Monday, October 6

Another idea

While playing on the computer as I do at work (So much quicker then my computer at home) I have decided that as part of my "Week In a Life" I would include the word of the day from http://www.dictionary.com/ as they have some really cool and strange words.

So here are the last three days Today's word isn't up yet.

Friday 3rd October
littoral \LIH-tuh-rul\, adjective:1. Of, relating to, or on a coastal or shore region, especially a seashore.
noun:1. A coastal region, especially the zone between the limits of high and low tides.

Saturday 4th October
volte-face \vawlt-FAHS; vawl-tuh-\, noun:An about-face; a reversal, as in policy or opinion.

Sunday 5th October
rubicund \ROO-bih-kund\, adjective:Inclining to redness; ruddy; red.


Another thing I forgot to add on my Monday entry which I can't believe that I have forgotten to include - On the way to work with "J" this morning we saw three female fallow deers near town. They were running away as we drove past and I was unable to get a phot but I love watching them run - they are so graceful.

Nearly finished my work so will be heading home.

Will add more tomorrow morning.
Bye for now

No comments: