Thursday, January 1

Plans for 2009

Hi Everyone
Must be orgainsed as this is my second post for today. Me organised Ha Ha Ha.
Jason has decided that it is a no work day so he is having a quite drink at the pub with two mates while I am surfing the net.
Finding lots of new things and just visiting regular websites catching up with everyone.

My plans for 2009? Where do you want me to begin........

I am taking on the "One Word Challenge" Where you choose one word that you can reflect back on through out 2009. My word for 2009 is HALCYON.

HALCYON [hal-see-uhn]
1. calm; peaceful; tranquil: halcyon weather.
2. rich; wealthy; prosperous: halcyon times of peace.
3. happy; joyful; carefree: halcyon days of youth.
4. of or pertaining to the halcyon or kingfisher.–noun
5. a mythical bird, usually identified with the kingfisher, said to breed about the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea, and to have the power of charming winds and waves into calmness.
6. any of various kingfishers, esp. of the genus Halcyon.


Why have I choosen this word you ask - well I had quite a list of words that I wanted to use and "Calm" was one of them. I them looked up "calm" in my thesaurus and found Halcyon. I had never heard of this word so looked up the meaning at www.dictionary.com and decided that was the word for me.
In 2009 I want to be all of the things that the dictionary meaning says - I just didn't know there was a word to describe it all. PLus I love watching the Rainbow Bee Eaters at work and they are a type of Kingfisher - so it is kind of scary that I have found this word.

This year I am also partaking in the Creative Everyday Challenges (see side bar) and I love the topic Leah has choosen for us - PLAY - I will be doing lots of playing with my art - I found so many things through my cleaning/detoxing/rearranging that I don't know where to begin. I will be keeping you all up to date with what ever I create.

I am also doing my daily scrap journalling which I will include in the odd blog post - depending on what I am doing.

What else am I doing this year?????? I am planning on my trip over seas to Germany. Only 26 weeks and I will hopefully be on the side of the world. I am so looking forward to my trip but am also a little scared - Jason said it will be a real eye opener for me - going for a town with 40 people to towns with over 10000........... I WILL SURVIVE!

That is about all I can think of at the moment that I will be doing in 2009. I will let you know if anything more comes up.

I had better go - more net surfing to do...

HAPPY NEW YEAR - Only 364 days unil 2010.

No comments: